Mayhem and Motherhood: Opinions

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Opinions

Yes, like Yvonne (and Paul her brother) says, they are like butts, everybody has one. And I must say this is a bit of a vent blog. I know my situation brings up compassion and concern and even overwhelming support. But I have to say I am surprised at the amount and RANGE of things people (mostly family) feel very free to share with me.

Not that any of them are offensive, just at no other time in my life can I compare getting the amount of opinions about what will improve my life, why the babies are fussy and what I should do about it, what I should or shouldn't do for myself and family. It truly is endless.

Thank you for not having any opinions dear blogger friends. I guess my new approach to wanting opinions is "If I want your opinon I'll ask for it". Sound fair?

So these are some of my favorites...

1. How to bathe the babies (my mom in law and mom are in opposition over this one)
2. What color's I should color code my babies (apparently one doesn't have the skin coloring to pull off yellow)
3. How an erasable white board could improve my life (and help me keep track of details I'm not interested in)
4. How a fussy baby MUST be my fault "IT's obviously something you ate"
5. When I should start getting out of the house (still not interested)
6. If children with a runny nose should be allowed to visit my house and touch Emma's toys
7. If my screaming, rooting baby is indeed hungry
8. How many sleepers a kid really needs (now this one I am somewhat undecided on? opinions welcomed!!)

I guess that is all for the moment. I just find it amazing that the past week, my stress has come more from deflecting opinons and trying to find my own mothering instinct voice within than from screaming babies keeping me up.

However, I must add I have on more than one occasion decided to return them both in the morning because I no longer found this fun. Thankfully for them, mornings are our best time of day!!

I don't know how to respond to all the comments I've received (etiquette wise) so I'll just say here it's been so great to share this with so many friends, many of whom I'm not in regular contact with. Thanks so much for the support and encouragement.

Now a question for a fellow twin..Colleen did you and your twin always share a room growing up or would you have rather had seperate ones? You know me, just planning ahead!

Alright, keep those opinons coming...
Rhonda at 11:17 AM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Rhonda,

You are so wonderfully honest!
I LOVE it!

You know I just love to disturb the s#*t...so the moment that I have twins, I'll start throwing opinions your way!!!
hee hee
:)

But until that moment occurs, I will just keep saying, "Good job Rhonda! You're doing AWESOME!!!"

3:29 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I'm with you there Erica. What could my opinion matter?

But on the sleeper idea. It's like socks, you can never have enough of them. I think it all depends on how much you like doing laundry. Although, do babies ever really get dirty?? (*cheezy grin*) I hear you are a natural twin mother. Luckily you are only one call away from getting God's help on those desperate evenings. You are super great!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

I agree that you ARE doing a great job and good for you for trying to listen to your own inner voice and instincts. It's great to have the support, I'm sure, so just weed out the 'extra' voices! Love ya! :)

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some cute babies and you look FANTASTIC!!!!

I can think of another occasion where I was inundated with unwanted opinions: MY WEDDING. Baby and wedding, for some reason everyone and their dog thinks they should share their opinionS with you during such occasions. The WORST thing about it is that they are doing so with such good intentions, and you don't want to hurt their feelings!

All the best!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rhonda! Carla and i shared a room until we were 10 or 11 then i shared a room with Sherri (younger sis). Sharing a room was great cuz you could always extend the bedtime hour!
Coleen (hoping i'm not prego with twins myself...he!my mom's a twin and so am i...yikers)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home