Mayhem and Motherhood: still waiting

Saturday, March 11, 2006

still waiting

Hello all. Thanks so much for all the encouraging comments. I really feel the prayers because my spirits are lifted and it has NOTHING to do with anything I'm doing. We are currently waiting to be induced. This morning I was first on the list and it's apparently been a busy day on the ward so I'm probably not getting in till tomorrow. I'm not sure what to wish for anymore. But that is o.k. This really is out of my hands.

The good news is my body is prepared and I totally feel like all it needs is a little jumpstart and whammo we'll be on the way. So we are bumming around Winnipeg, sleeping in anyone's bed, homeless and childless for this week. We also celebrated our 5 th wedding anniversary yesterday. I watched the video at 5 a.m. and really enjoyed seeing us so in love and really unchanged in how much we laugh together. Please pray for Jon. It feels like he is carrying the burden of this waiting stress in his body and that's never been good for his Chron's. Yet we totally feel God is in control and his timing will be perfect even though it's NOT AT ALL what we thought would be best for us and our family.

I was lying in bed thinking about poor Mary, Jesus' mother. How is it she spent the last few days of her pregnancy on a horse travelling away from home. And then how disappointing to find out you couldn't even get a hotel room to have a decent sleep. I can only imagine she wondered where God was in all of this. And she didn't have a midwife with her, nor her mother AND she gave birth to her first baby in a barn. If I didn't know better I'd think God doesn't value Women much and has no compassion. This scenario for her is not what I would have thought God would have chosen for her to walk through. It's just all wrong from my perspective. She was all alone, away from home and family, not getting any breaks along the way. I mean this would have seemed much more redeemable in my eyes had they gone to the super 8 for a room and got upgraded to the presidential suite at the Hilton for the same price and birthed AT LEAST in a bit of comfort.

Not that I'm comparing myself to Mary, I was just so aware that she was carrying the Messiah and was "blessed" among women and chosen by God and her journey was so much more difficult than mine. I would have bitched and complained the whole way, while crying hysterically.

I sure have alot to learn about God's ways and fully yielding myself to his plans.

Babies on the horizon. I'll keep you posted. Love you all and thanks so much for all the support and love I feel.
Rhonda at 4:46 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been praying for you.

Love you guys much

Diane Ulmer

10:07 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

I shall repeat something that you said to me in Mid May, 2000.

"Never in the history of mankind has it ever taken so long for a baby to be born!!!"

I can't wait any longer! haha.

Love you....

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home