Mayhem and Motherhood: Parenting know-who's

Friday, July 07, 2006

Parenting know-who's

I'm getting really good at knowing what it is my 3 year old needs. By looking at the clock and comparing her behavior I can tell you if she's hungry, tired or bored. Often the behavior is the same but the cause is different. I can tell by the look on her face if she needs to go potty the second before she tells me. I can tell when she's been naughty by the way she holds her head down. My friend knows when her child needs to go potty by the way she walks.

And I got thinking that I don't even know myself as good as I know my child. When I'm grouchy I don't look at the clock and say "oh it's because I'm hungry or had too busy of a day" I usually don't even have the grace for myself for misbehavior.

I'm beginning to think of my relationship with God more and more as a parent child. And I was blown away at how he truly does know me better than I know myself and knows what I need more than I do.

My challenge is now to trust and obey just like a little child.
Rhonda at 7:33 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Awesome....

1:24 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Ya, I only seem to recognize my weakness when it is so glaring me in the face (like PMS) that everyone else steers clear! :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Isn't parenting the ultimate lesson in how much God loves us?

Too true.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home