Mayhem and Motherhood: Christa's comments...

Monday, December 05, 2005

Christa's comments...

I just read your comment about my last entry Christa and it struck me as quite profound (and not preachy)

She was bringing a parrallel between my thoughts on 3D images (what we see is not what is going on behind the scenes) and disappointments.

Interestingly enough this latest "disappointment" hasn't really gotten me down. And I don't think that it's attributed as much to a positive outlook as much as a shift in my thinking about the bigger picture. That what I see in front of me is not equal to what God is doing.

It's kind of like my musings and thoughts over the last couple of weeks really ARE connected and maybe, just maybe i'm learning a little something.

Like how to let God be in control (it's really only pretending that you are anyway)
Like how to look at life with some sense of eternity
Like how life is not always what you hope it might be BUT how do we know what is truly best for us anyway?

Thanks Christa for your insight into me.

The song that's been coming to mind since our appointment is Matt Redman's "Blessed be the name" The jist of it is to respond with "blessed be the name of the Lord" whether your situation is wonderful or tragic. Our life situations change but God does not and he is worthy of our praise always, not only when life is going our way.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.
Rhonda at 10:19 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Christa is one wise lady!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home