Mayhem and Motherhood

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

OH My Gosh... I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last blog. And that long since I've read anyone else's. Man, life just flies by way too fast sometimes. And then I think "what do I have to show for this past week". I'm not sure what I think, maybe that each week I should have discovered a new cure for a deadly disease, or learned something of significance, or even impacted someone's life and drastically changed it... FOREVER. Talk about Drama heh. Anyway, let's see, a whole week in review. Lots of running around doing things I didnt' wish I had to do. Sleeping a day away while my mom watched my Emma. Shaving my legs (highlight of my day yesterday :). And learning how to give my little one pablum to tide her over through the long nights. It's been working and I've thankfully been getting a bit more sleep.

I'm sad I missed out on the women's retreat but I know I didn't have the emotional energy to engage in any of it. I'm so encouraged to hear how the worship times were.

Anyway, back to me, what if we changed our expectations to more childlike ones. We could make ourselves calendars and put stars on them for all the little things we do that compose our week. like brushing our teeth and showering, how about putting on deodarant. You could even give yourself a star for changing into clean underwear. Whatever it takes to get yourself as many stars as possible. Because really we do soooo much in a week. Especially as mothers, you attempt to take care of yourself, your home, your husband, your children and then your relationships etc etc etc. It may not be earthshattering but so much is lived in all of these little encounters. Like crouching down and staring into the face of your child for a few minutes just watching in awe. That should be worth 3 stars because I think that should hold more value than lets say paying a bill or making vegetables for dinner. And how about talking to your parents and realizing yet another reason you are thankful they are still around for your life. That should be worth a few stars as well.

In saying that I have to tell you that I love my parents. This weekend my husband was gone for the weekend and I felt really lonely. So not only did I call my parents to see if I could come and "impose" on them by staying for the weekend but they actually had to come and pick me up and bring all the baby toys along. And my mom just kept saying over and over "it's all right, that's what we're here for." I hope that's what kind of a parent I can be. Always loving and giving of myself even when it's not convenient. So for my kids that I'd do anything to help them out. I can only pray God will show me how to grow into that mother. Anyway, I will try to write more consistently. Thank you to my 2 readers for being faithful!! haha
Rhonda at 10:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home