Mayhem and Motherhood: wow 12 comments...

Thursday, September 29, 2005

wow 12 comments...

I have to say 12 comments is overwhelming. Just to have one post, and I guess one blog friendly person with connections and advertising,and voila. 12 comments. Thank you all for welcoming me back to blogger land. Who else of you have blog sites I can keep up with? more comments please!!

O.k. so i am currently having a problem with my keyboard. It's like needing me to slow down with my typing and i have to hit it realllllllly hard for it to work. Than i have to back space lots to fix all the mistakes. It feels like i'm stuttering with my fingers. That in itself is a funny thought.

So what i was going to blog about today was this incident that happened the other night as emma was procrastanating going to bed. Do your kids do this? They don' t eat much all day, and then at bedtime AFTER snack they are HUNGRY. What a surprise. So ofcourse she can stay up and eat something because the total intake for her day is like an 1/8 of an apple, 3 french fries and some linty crackers she found under the fridge. So I melt and say o.k. Anyway, that itself is not the story, i digress. ( is that how you spell that?)

So she's eating her orange. And we are playing settlers with our friends at the table beside her. She starts to cough and then her face gets red and she starts choking. Jon gets up to tell her to cough and then as the seconds seem to tick away and things aren't changing, i get up and walk over to her calm as can be, stick my finger into her mouth and do this scoop technique and scoop out all the orangy goop that she's choking on. So then she's crying and scared and I hurt her throat and she's fine. Then, only after the incident I'm blown away that I knew what to do, that it even worked, especially since I learned this scoop technique in a cpr class when I was 15 taking lifeguarding stuff. I have NEVER used this before to ensure that it worked, I don't evenknow what I would have done if it hadn't. Their wasn't a plan B besides turning her upside down and whacking her on the back. It blows me away how scary things are in retrospect when they didn't seem so at the time. I guess we just don't automatically think of how things can go wrong in this situation while it's happening, just that we are going to correct it.

Anyway, I wanted to call my mom and thank her for paying for this class I took so many years ago that kinda saved her grandaughter from choking to death. But of course i didn't (yet) because i'm sure i;'ll be in for it for not juicing her oranges, or cutting them up, or maybe my mom thinks i shouldn' t be giving her oranges anyway. I'm sure I need to give my mom more credit but right now I can't beat myself up or allow anyone else permission to. I just need to thank the lord that it all turned out o.k.

So this morning, Emma woke up and said to me first "MORNING" then grabbed my face with her two little hands and planted one on my lips. It's possibly the sweetest thing she's ever done. Then I smiled even more because I guess she's just mimicking me when i wake her up in the morning. Kids are really great things.

Another tid bit until i blog again.... I saw my midwife last week. I am 14 weeks measuring 20 weeks. Yikes. I keep thinking "oh my gosh how big can i really get" So i'll let you know. A friend of mine whose had twins,said she was measuring 42 weeks at 30weeks. Is this god's idea of a joke? ?But i guess for the bonus of one it's gotta fit in somewhere. right? And the goal is to make it to 37 weeks where i'll be measuring 58 weeks?? And how do they know it's 58 weeks don't they stop counting after 45?46? Anyway, enquiring minds want to know.
Rhonda at 11:09 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

You are SO funny!!

That's wild about the orange incident. I wouldn't ahve known what to do. (I'd probebly whack her on the back cuz that's something I saw in a movie once. And movie's never lie)

Anneka does the same thing. After dinner, after dessert when she's "soooo stuffed, Mommy!" when bedtime rolls around, she gets hungry.

So I've decided not to fight it. She must eat her dinner, but then 10 minutes before bedtime she has the option to have cereal. I figure it will help her sleep better to ahve a full tummy...and like Emma...she eats like a chain-smoking anorexic supermodel anyway, so the calories can't hurt.

Your paragraph about your Mom (and the advice she'd give you after hearing you almost killed her granddaughter) made me laugh OUT LOUD! hahaha.

You are such a funny girl.

By the way...why is it I have no sympathy for the fact that you are getting big? Hmm. I"m looking on the bright-side...anytime that my skinny friends become rounder than I is about the happiest time in my life.

HAHAHA (JUST KIDDING!!!!!)

I'm sorry you are en-larging at a supernatural pace. But remember...it's just the babies! They will come out, and you will shrink back to your skinny athletic self!

Love you.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Hey, Rhonda...

You can check out my life in blog form if you're so inclined. You'll find me
here

Matt always wants to eat at bedtime, too, so we let the boys have a "cheese log" while we read our story. Protein fills 'em up without raising their blood sugar so quickly, so they don't get as hyper once they're in bed.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hee hee hee

Stutter fingers! ha ha ha

Can I call you that now?

Hey Stutter Fingers!

You funny.
Me laughy.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Hey,

Just think how I felt when I was pregnant with only 1 baby and was measuring 20cm (weeks) at 15 weeks! Good thing it did slow down a bit before he was born!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home