Mayhem and Motherhood: Coffee

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Coffee

So life is looking up. I went for coffee with another new mom today and we went for a walk through assiniboine park. It was lovely. This is my new favorite word. I will try not to overuse it. I'm really getting so much life from going for walks with the stroller (and the kid). It's kind of like my new favorite thing to do. I wake up in the morning and look outside. If it's cloudy I think "shoot, it'll probably be too cold for a walk" and if it's gorgeous I say "YEAH, what a great day for a walk!!"

In re-reading this it makes me feel like my life is quite simple. And that's not a bad thing even though something in me gets up wanting to defend it. but defend what? The fact that life with a kid is a bit slower than I'm used to? What's to defend? I guess the fact that I'm actually admitting to the world that I'm not super mom and my life is alot different than I pictured it to be as a mom.

Anyway, I'm not sure what it is but if you want to have an encounter with me we need to go for a walk. Hopefully on a nice day or all we'll do is complain about the weather and talk about how much further it is till we get to a warm place. I'm seriously thinking about taking up mall walking in the winter because I'm not sure what to replace with my need to be moving and socializing. But I love the breeze on my face. And the smell of outside air. And the beauty of the world up close. I forgot to mention I usually don't enjoy the walks by myself. To be life giving it must be with another person who wants to walk and talk. Maybe we'll have a warm winter and that will solve my problem.

Does anyone else think of people over the age of 80 as the only people "mall walking"? Anyway, don't tell anyone I think mall walking would be lovely in the winter. Doesn't saying "lovely" make you feel nice???
Rhonda at 11:00 PM