Mayhem and Motherhood: Creative Journalling

Monday, October 06, 2003

Creative Journalling

This evening I started my "creative journalling" class. To which my mother said "what on earth does that mean?" Good question. But anyway it was really good. I've sat in on some of Kim's journalling workshops before and thoroughly enjoyed the creativity that was encouraged out of my innards. And that's why I signed up, to have a place to allow myself to express the creativity that most often gets stuck.

It was really fun. Larry Reimer was there with his curly curls and his giggle. It made it that much more fun to be around friends.

I came home and feel so alive. So able to laugh. And dream. And write. What I found the most challenging was thinking up 10 different things that I found beautiful. Besides friends and family etc etc. Try it, it's hard to find beauty in things unless your used to doing it. This is my hope, that I can learn to start looking for these daily to add to my list.

Most importantly I feel like I met with me. I don't think I've seen her much lately, she's been too busy and overwhelmed with the kid and the housekeeping and ensuring groceries are in the house. All that menial stuff. It was good to just spend time with me, no distractions.
Rhonda at 11:03 PM