Mayhem and Motherhood: The cutlery story

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The cutlery story

So dramatic.

So just to fill you in on our marital dispute previously mentioned... Jon had brought our 'fancy' silverware to church as they were doing the message on 'good' things and blah blah blah they were using it. I was working that sunday and so felt our silverware was his responsibility. He had our daughter and brought her back home why would I think otherwise about our silverware? So I digress (i'm going to see if i can use this sentence in every blog entry, keep watching)

Well, a few days later we stop by the church and Jon is picking up the silverware now. It wasn't super expensive I just LIKE IT and it comes in it's own box and everything (um i don't know why it's typing like this...)

So, he's fishing thru the silverware drawers at the church kitchen trying to find forks and we're 3 short and trying not to overreact i just say, o.k. no big deal. He took it, he can be resonsible for tracking all 3 forks down. I say this only to myself of course. So 2 weeks later, we're still 3 forks short and he's talked to so and so but has been meaning to ask her and blah blah blah. (HE says blah blah blah alot.)

So, back to control freaky, 2 weeks still missing trail getting cold. I call so and so and try to track them down. Bottom line is no one has them,no one was responsible for them, no one knew they were special and deserved to go home to their little box world and they are MISSING> I just happened to talk to this final informant 5 minutes after I retrieved my voice message about the doctors appointment.

So understandably, i call jon to bawl him out for ruining our lives and losing our 3 special forks because now we will not have an heirloom to hand down to my kids (like they'll want my old silverware anyway) but it's in its own box.... sorry i digress. :)

So end of story, 2 forks found somewhere in the kitchen after he looked AGAIN, and his response to me was "it's a dessert fork and I never eat dessert, so we'll never need the 12th anyway." the end
Rhonda at 5:51 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I like your dramatic flare.
NOT that you were over-reacting!
I mean, forks can make or break a set of cutlery, and the fact that they have their own box is very impressive.

I'm glad you set Jon straight on the issue.
:)

Yur funny!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

I suddenly feel the need to have new cutlery.

Mine are a mix of different kinds from Domo, and from the sale-bin at Superstore. This was part of our "We'll buy that in our second year of marriage" plan.

See...when you get married at 20, all of your 20 year old friends still live a home, and are poor students. They buy you clocks, and teatowels...NOT cutlery!

But I also Digress....This is why I wish my house would burn down. Then I'd finally get to pick out a frickin matching set of forks and knives, and not feel guilty for spending the money, since "I have to buy this, my house burned down".

*sigh* Send your fire, Lord.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Just so you know the matching cutlery i do have (the one in its' own box) is only for special occasions and since we are fairly informal they come maybe twice a year.

The cutlery I use everyday just happens to be the mix and match sort that both our mothers gave us and we set up the kitchen with. I believe both sets (no idea how many forks fyi) were both their "good stuff" once upon a time.

Yvonne you are too funny- send your fire. hahahahaha. I'd have to say i'd be totally overwhelmed to have to start from scratch since "my house burned down, sigh"

But it sure would be nice for someone else to foot the bill to allow for all these luxuries we are doing without.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

by the way the doing without bit was a sarcastic comment. (commentary by rhonda)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Cheap place to maybe buy a full set of cutlery (not silverware, mind you) is Barnes and Castle. I really like this store for kitchen supplies. We acutally got all our dishes there when we got married as well as some other stuff.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Christa your comment just made my day. Now whenever I think of that lone dessert/salad fork out their in the world on its' own instead of anger I think I will just laugh and think of your take on it!! thanks for the laugh

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home