Mayhem and Motherhood: Tomorrow's Another Day

Friday, October 14, 2005

Tomorrow's Another Day

Today was not my most stellar day. It started out alright until I retrieved a phone message i've been waiting for forever. Actually FOREVER. (fingers pounding innocent, defenceless keys)

It was from my midwife (hope she's not reading this) and i've been waiting to hear back about my appointment with my OB guy(he's not the creator of the tampon) which I am literally dying to get to. I have questions no one can answer except him, and papers no one else can sign either thus, i am anxious to see him to ask my stupid questions and have the OB god decide my fate.

My questions are as follows:
1. How long should I be working my ward job (please say I need to stop before christmas) just a little fyi for all my nursey friends out their, it's my christmas to work as i am forever at the bottom of the food chain.

2. Can I get sick benefits before I take my mat leave, and if so please sign the dotted line so i can sign up for them as soon as i stop working (see question 1 for answer)

3. Can I go to mexico over new years being 28 weeks pregnant. My in laws have been planning this trip since last christmas and i specifically (i guess "we") planned on being 6 months pregnant with one to ensure we'd have no problems travelling or with an early delivery.

4. Can we find out the sex of the babies out here in the sticks hospital. If not i'd like to go elsewhere to ensure i can find out so we can prepare as much as possible before and save most of the surprises for life with twins.

Sigh, so i just feel so control freaky today. I'm not good with unknowns unless unknown is the answer. Like when will i die, no answer available therefore unknown is what i'm stuck with. Can I go to mexico, answer available just out of my reach for longer than i can handle. and i don't do well with that. I just do better knowing.

So, my message was that my OB appointment is not until Dec 15, 10 days before I want to work my last shift and 16 days before I am to leave for mexico. Sigh, I know the midwife has alot of other things to worry about besides the details of my life but I shared with her my concerns and she couldn't give me any answers. I just have so much resting on this stupd doctors appointment, albeit, things that really aren't significant in the long run, just in my present mental health state.

So, there. Funny how it's always the things that are unsaid that probably weigh the heaviest and cause the crappiest days for unknown reasons. I even started a fight with my husband over missing silverware after being grouched out with my phone message.

Dee any answers or suggestions for me?

Christa what is your email?(totally unrelated to above rant)

Can tomorrow be a better day instead of just another one?
Rhonda at 12:35 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

I can understand your frustration, Rhonda! You could try phoning the OB's office and requesting to speak with him/her.
Or you could leave all your specific questions with the secretary and have him/her answer them and get back to you. I know it's not the same, but it's not like you're going to get more than 4 minutes at your actual appointment anyways!
Otherwise, you could go to a pregnancy online resource and click on an "ask the doctor" link or something. Not the most reliable info, I know, but it might give you a head start.
Hope you get some answers soon to help ease your stress!!!! :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I can't wait to hear the answers to all your questions too. (*sitting on pins and needles*) ;-)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

OH honey....

I feel for you. And you are totally normal. You are not a freakazoid, and I'm sure you were totally justified with the silverware scandal. (Men can be sooo irresponsible!) hee hee

I recall being OVER 9 months pregnant with Anneka, and crying...saying "Babies are SO selfish! This is the most major even that has ever happend to me....and it's going to effect me in a huge way, inflict pain, change my body, and alter my life....and I HAVE NO SAY IN IT!"

I think the next scientific gadget they should look into is a neural link between baby's brain, and Momma's Brain. "Hey Ma...I think I feel like being born 13 days late...and uh..(as in Erica's Case) just to be funny...I'll break your water during church!" The baby would laugh and laugh...and at the point you could eat a bowl of onions or something.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I agree with the suggestion that Deanna gave about calling and leaving a message with the secretary of your questions (specifically the time-specific ones of work and travel). I find that incredibly reasonable to inquire of those questions prior to your visit, as they are uncomfortably close together and difficult to make plans/decisions without knowing.
As for the specific answers...sorry I can't help more! Let us know what they are when you find out!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Rhonda

You are so cool.
I love you.
That's all.
End of story.

Yvonne,
That WAS pretty funny!!!
GROSS!!! But funny!
:)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Rhonda

Looks like Christa will be joining you in your "Control Freak Therapy Sessions"

*slowly backing away from Christa*

(Psssssst Erica, lets go and mess up their cutlery drawer! *snicker snicker*)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Yvonne... you and your cronies keep away from my cupboards too! I'll bet I can out-control freak the lot of 'em....

10:56 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Funny how many closet control freaks there are. UNITE!

My midwife's response to my realiazation I may not be so laid back after all was "I have no problem being laid back when everything is going my way"

It's been deeply insightful and helped me not feel so neurotic even though i still may be so.

Thank you erica for just liking me. I have a crush on you. A mysterious, she's so cool how did she get that way kinda crush.

Yvonne, you just remember all the gory details i forgot about the water breakage at church. Man I wish I would have been their to ooh an aagh over it.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home