Mayhem and Motherhood: LOVE CBC RADIO

Thursday, October 20, 2005

LOVE CBC RADIO

Just a quickie, I was listening to this great program on the radio this morning that had a line in it that's been rolling around my head.

I even had to write it down. It was in relation to expectations which made me think of control freakiness.

The comment was "I've never found expectations to be particularly helpful"

For example, I had an expectation that I would die with a full set of 12 fancier cutlery. My freakout came when that expectation wasn't met. I do much better with things if I have no expectation for it. But is that a way to live and is it even healthy? Like a who cares anyway attitude.

But we need to expect things, like god is good and he is strong when we are weak. This is not a scientific plan to avoid pain and feeling out of control but I think their is merit to the statement. Maybe it's putting your hope in things that you totally can count on to not change. Like God and his faithfulness and his promises to never leave us. To love us no matter what. To carry us and give us strength. To make a way where their seems to be no way. Thoughts?
Rhonda at 10:15 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Sounds like a balanced approach to me!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I have no thoughts.
See my blog for proof...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

So... it's not the expectations, but what we do with them that matters.... I can go along with that.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Hey Rhonda!

I saw your comment on my post....the whole "Pregnancy scare" was about 24 hours long, and you were the FIRST person I called in a frenzy! However, you weren't home!! (You were working, Jon said)

You're still my first line of defence...always! Yep. YOu....then chocolate.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

aaagh thanks Yvonne. Not that you need to explain to me but I appreciate knowing I come before chocolate!!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home