Mayhem and Motherhood: Very Pretty

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Very Pretty

My little girl is growing up and learning how to use her language for more than just "no"s and "why's". The other morning she crawled into bed with me and said "mornin mommy" then she snuggled up to me for a bit and because it was so not"a moment" I don't remember what went on until this

She grasped my face with her two chubby hands, looked me straight in the eye and said "mommy your very pretty" and then gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was a moment I'll never forget. 9 a.m. doesn't look "pretty" on me so just what does a 2 year old mean by that? But the fact that she wanted to share her opinion that was not "no" and that she saw something beautiful in me made me smile and want to ensure she continues to see pretty things about me.

Isn't that an "aww" moment.
Rhonda at 2:00 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Okay, that made me cry.

Sometimes I think that our kids touch parts of God's heart, and eternity when they say stuff like that to us. IT shows that even a child can be an instrument of God's peace.

Just the other day, Jason and I were talking, and a name came up in our conversation. I won't go into details, but all of a sudden, Anneka piped up "Daddy....it's not right to judge people".

We were both quiet. She wasn't even listening, and when we asked her about it, she said "I don't know why I said that...I just heard it in my head and said it outloud".

We looked at each other and I said "That was the Word of the Lord"

Talk about a spiritual experience in the everyday.....

8:21 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

That sure is an awwww moment!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

My kids have never said anything like that to me. Matt's never even come out with a spontaneous "I love you". Never.

You ARE blessed!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Smart Kid!
She knows something lovely when she sees it!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Cindy

They're boys....someday they'll scream "Mom...you're cool!" from across the room. That's the same thing....just gender specific!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Kids are truly amazing! If we could just tap into their little brains more often, I'm sure we would learn alot from them!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home