Mayhem and Motherhood: Being a special mommy

Monday, December 12, 2005

Being a special mommy

We are still pottytraining. And I'm o.k. with that. My little girl seems to enjoy my company when she is on the potty and will chat with me 15-20 minutes before she accomplishes her goal-that is if I let her.

I've been giving her "privacy" which basically means I am allowed to do something other than sit on the tub and coach her to concentrate and stop fooling around.

She's also started using "favorite" and "special" in the last few days in a variety of ways. Quite cute, trying out the language. Like when we got in the car last night she saw the moon and exclaimed "I see a BIG moon! It's my favorite"

So back to the potty. After some privacy, I go to see what's been accomplished. Emma invites me to "stay with me?" Then after some idle chatter she says "mommy you're very special" definately an awww moment. I grin and my heart melts wondering how she can be so cute, and so perceptive. She then goes on to say "Mommy you're my favorite". How can I argue with that? What a great kid.

As I sit on the tub enjoying this rewarding moment Emma's face becomes red as she starts concentrating hard, focusing on the reason she's on the potty. After a little effort she blurts out "HEH, that's my poop!" "It's very special" "It's my favorite poop!"

I can't help but laugh out loud at this amazing little wonder known as my Emma. Who by the way is quite special and at the present my favorite kid ever.
Rhonda at 6:18 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Heehee! That is so cute! I hope potty-training goes well! We're on hold for a bit with Simeon, probably until we get back to Winnipeg.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

HAHAHAHAAHAH

That is a keeper! (not the poop...the story)

Remember to read that at her wedding. I know she'll REALLY appreciate it...heh heh.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home