Mayhem and Motherhood: To shave or not to shave?

Friday, December 16, 2005

To shave or not to shave?

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. A night in the city with my best friend doing, well, whatever the heck we want without ANY kiddies. Doesn't that sound divine?

So I haven't seen a movie in the theatre since? hmm the beginning of summer. And it wasn't even good. The closest theatre in Winkler always happens to have only stuff I don't want to see whenever I'm in the mood to go see a flick. Anyway, I digress...

So a movie. Looking forward to that luxury. Oh and dinner and a catch up with Yvonne. And then of course hanging out in the pool and hottub all evening at our hotel. I bought a bikini for the beach and now am darned planning on using it to get my wear out of it since it won't see the beach. Maybe I should clean the house in it? OH or take some pregnancy photos in it.

But in preparation for the bikini event, I had to shave my legs. Now it has been at least 2 months since this event has occurred and my belly has grown enough to be terribly obtrusive. I just wanted to share that it took me almost an hour to shave in the tub thanks to the big ol' belly. Thank goodness I'm flexible to begin with. I think that is why men can not be pregnant. If they were as inflexible as Jon (and I mean kinetically) they would barely be able to get pants on, much less shave their legs with a big pregnant belly. Just a thought to prove how brilliant God really is. To think of all those little details.

So for those of you grossed out that I didn't shave the last 2 months I have a secret to share. I got my legs waxed and it was fairly painful but well worth it. I was smooth for over 3 weeks. Never has this occurred to me before. Too much information? Sorry, running out of profound things to say I guess. Anyway, I'm off to pack.
Rhonda at 1:26 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Have a great weekend with your best buddy!!!
:)
I would say, don't do anything I wouldn't do, but I figure WHAT THEY HEY!! You're only young once!
Go nuts!!
:)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Well....I can say for certain...that the other people in the pool...and I....say a big thank you for your hard work.

I guess that means I should shave mine too....hmmmmm

7:05 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Have fun! I shaved my legs this week, and I think the last time I did was when I was still pregnant! Boy was it nice to have the belly gone! And for those of you grossed out that I hadn't shaved in over 6 weeks...I did not wax. I just let it all grow! It was actually nice and soft by the time I shaved... :)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home