Mayhem and Motherhood: Chickenpox

Monday, January 23, 2006

Chickenpox

No not me, little Emma. Day 3 has come and gone and I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. She has been really good considering but now she's getting itchier. Hopefully only 2 more days to go!! And thankfully my in-laws are here tomorrow and we're in the city Tuesday for our fetal assessment so my mom will be helping out. All in all not bad timing.

What's been funny is that she's now on the same sleep schedule as me. I'll be wide awake in bed after my 3 hours and voila who appears at my bedside but my little peanut asking me to put some cream on her back. She woke up at midnight and stayed up till 4 a.m. today just playing with me and "watching videos".

I don't know what it is about this little girl but I just love her to pieces. Again, good space to be in to head into more kids. She now starts most every sentence with "EE-cause" or "WELLLL" which I find so endearing. And yesterday when I was on the "potty" and had finished peeing she looked at me and said enthusiastically "GOOD JOB"!! Guess she must hear that somewhere? I love that you don't realize what you are saying repeatedly until they start repeating it to you.

And it makes me thankful that she's not telling me to have a time out or to leave her alone or even to shut up. Makes me think of the toddlers I've run into in the past who swear a blue streak. Tough environment to grow up in I guess.

Well I'm hopefully off to bed now. Wish I had more "exciting" things to tell you.
Rhonda at 7:04 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Chicken pox?
Poor baby!!!
I hope she is feeling better soon.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Man....I wish I would have known! My girls have never had it. It's about time Anneka got it. I need to find a contagious kid for her to hang around with!!

Emma is sooo sweet....she's just an amazing little girl...

12:53 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Sure, Yvonne, get the girls sick with the pox while you're in Europe!!! I'm sure Jason would love that!

Rhonda, I have heard of some great homeopathic remedies, but it may be past that point by now. They help with the symptoms as well as making sure you get immune so you never get them again. Oh well, let me know if you want that info. Hope YOU are okay!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home