Mayhem and Motherhood: Updates

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Updates

Thanks for your ever so sensitive comments. I really appreciated the encouragement and permission they gave me.

Feeling still out of sorts but I'm thinking that's probably my body's way of preparing for what's ahead. I do this sort of turtle thing where I'm either enjoying being around people or I'm not. My head is either out of my shell or in it. No in between. I really admire people who seem more even keeled in this arena because it seems to me it would be the "healthier" option.

Sigh. Well I've got lots of years to work on that i guess. So, just to let you know if my "aloofness" or not returning calls or pushing you away is obvious, it's just me turtling. Needing my space. Filling up with silence and introverted activities. Any of you relate to this at all?

On to updates...

Jon has found the missing library book. In a very obvious place of course. Emma's bookshelf in her room. The only thing is the spine was in so when you did a quick glance for a fluorescent green book your eye didn't catch the pages. Anyway, thank the lord it's found. And I must say I'm proud of her for putting it in such a logical place. Now if she only hadn't inherited my 2 second memory we may have found it alot earlier!

I have been feeling much more comfortable this past week than when I had been complaining to Deanna last week. I went for a massage and a chiropractor adjustment and just sat on a heating pad for a whole evening, along with like 6 baths in 2 days. All seemed to help the old lady achy body feeling. I'm noticing though it seems to be related to how much time I spend sitting, because I guess with the pressure of 50 extra pounds on my pelvis and hips, not so easy for the body to get used to. Isn't that amazing? That like I put the majority of that on in like 4 1/2 months! Maybe weight watchers should have a points system for pregnant people heh Yvonne!

Also my sleep has been a bit more consistent in that i'm actually sleeping at night time as opposed to being wide awake for 3 hours.

So I'm feeling more optimisitc about this final stretch.

I've washed a bunch of baby clothes and flannel blankets and the smallest socks you've ever seen. It's too wild to imagine we'll have babies soon. The good news is I am actually smiling whenI see little ones and that makes me excited to see my own.

What a wild stage we are about to encounter. I honestly just can't comprehend what lies ahead.
Rhonda at 1:03 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I am excited for you guys!
I can't wait to see them!!!
When can I see them????
I can't wait!!!
When???
When??

I bet they're so cute, everyone's heads will just EXPLODE looking at them!!!

Its getting closer....YAY!!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

glad to hear things are looking up! :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Talk about turtling.

I've almost forgotten that there is an outside world! Ack!!

I miss you...feels like forever. I love your blog. Lets me know what's going on each day with you......

I'll call you before I leave.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home