Mayhem and Motherhood: Good Morning

Monday, January 09, 2006

Good Morning

Hi all. I'm back from my lovely week vacation in the tropical paradise of Winnipeg.

I actually don't even know the date today, but that's o.k. not a bad sign post vacation.

Jon and Emma came home yesterday from a fun filled week with Jon's family in Mexico. He has a great tan which makes me only slightly jealous and he had some good bonding time with emma. She hasn't felt the need to "punish" me yet for not being there all week. Last evening after she had been playing all day with her toys and us she told Jon "I want to go back to the hotel"! What a hoot!!

All is well baby wise. I am beginning to feel achy in my joints especially my hips. And my indigestion is enough to almost make me feel done cooking these two little ones. But the countdown is on... 7 more weeks till "term". The question in the back of my mind is "how much longer can I really do this". The pretending to be "normal" but taking it easy. I've stopped picking up things off the floor to conserve energy-however this is not conducive to toddler hood. Lately a "good sleep" is about 4-5 hours straight. I feel like I just nap continuously. But I guess bottom line is that God knows and I don't and i'm totally willing to trust him.

I was just looking up meanings of names and got a laugh out of a few of them. One of them meant "great chief" but I saw "great CHEF" and it caught my eye as I thought, "yeah, I could really use one of those in my family". Is it wrong to name your child in hopes of having someone take on the cooking? What about as a middle name, like an add on to something much more meaningful. Thankfully for the kid I didn't like the name.

I came across the name "Skeeter" with a definition of "an active or small person/someone who skeets (scoots). what exactly is "skeets" anyway?

We've excluded a name we really liked (can't remember it though) that meant "seductive temptress". Why would you even take the chance and name your kid something that risque'? But it makes me wonder just how much the name shapes your child, do we really have that much power to decide what this person will be? I've seen enough proof to know that their is something to it though. I can't think of anyone whose name meaning wasn't who this person was. Anyway, getting close to being ready in all sorts of ways.
Rhonda at 7:34 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta say....I'm lovin' Skeeter! haha! You could name the other one Skipper. Sounds like the next new kids show! "skipper & skeeter''. teehee. Are you SURE I can't name your babies? Pa-leeze?

I must say that I really really enjoyed spending time with you this week.....like old times!!

SO sorry I missed you when you left after your nap....*sad*

Maybe I'll call ya today!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Hehehe, names are great! I must say that I was grateful to Simeon for naming Esther for us! It sure did take the pressure off.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home